You are here
Online Training for Licensed Software
There are many online ESRI courses available to current students, staff and faculty, free of charge. These courses are self-study, non-credit courses and are designed to help users acquire a variety of GIS related skills. Note: Instructor-Led courses are not included.
To take online courses:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Laurentian email account requesting access to E-Learning/Online Training courses.
- You will receive an email invitation from “My Esri” (please allow up to 48hrs for invitation - excluding weekends).
- At the bottom of the email, accept the invitation.
- You will be directed to an “Esri Accounts” site where you will enter your name and email.
- You will receive another email to “Activate your account” - Click on the link to activate and enter your credentials.
- Once you login, you will be directed to the Training site where you can begin your online training.
Questions? Email email@example.com
ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop 10 GIS software is installed on computer labs throughout campus, including the library’s Learning Commons and Brenda Wallace Computer Room.
The Education Edition of ArcGIS software is available to registered students at Laurentian University. To obtain a copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the software, visit ESRI’s product page.
ArcGIS is full-featured GIS software for visualizing, managing, creating, and analyzing geographic data. Using ArcGIS, you can understand the geographic context of your data, allowing you to see relationships and identify patterns in new ways.