wiki:Minutes:Developer20090703

Developer meeting minutes: 2009-07-03

  • Windsor diacritics - seems to be resolved, Dan waiting for go-ahead from Shuzhen
  • Equinox support - ACTION Dan to re-contact Brad to figure out what needs to happen next
  • Support hours:
    • Robin, Art, Kevin; 3rd week of August is bad for Art
    • Need to work out who gets called when
    • September will need coverage of late hours more than August
  • Brain dump:
    • July 29th-30th sounds good to all parties
    • ACTION Ensure schedules are clear
    • Conifer podcast
    • ACTION Dan to try and fill in blank spots in wiki during his spare time
  • Circulation rules:
    • Dan wrote a script to make certain items due at 23:59 rather than NOW() + some interval (because we're running the fine generating scripts on an hourly rather than daily basis)
    • In-database vs. scripts? Robin is trying out in-database in the Vbox image; should be easier to translate in-database to scripts than other way around, if need be
  • Acquisitions:
    • Windsor has to give Finance the interface they've had for the past five years, but still dealing with dumping data from Oracle to spreadsheet and reverse-engineering old complex practices
    • Laurentian is going to deal with Evergreen, requires 1.6
    • Art strongly recommends sticking with one PO per item
    • ACTION Kevin to load all legacy data into copies of spreadsheets (one copy per year), then tackle loading said data into Evergreen
  • Journal management:
    • Robin hopes to mate ScholarsPortal management with Evergreen by building an OpenSRF application
  • Reserves
    • Needs smoother Z39.50 implementation (PyZOOM or PyZ3950 instead of expect)
    • Interface needs translation into French
    • Need to document the workflow and process for getting physical materials on reserve; checkout to a fake SIP user?
  • OPAC enhancements:
    • Peter put together a call for participants
      • Ashley Thomson, head of public services at LU, has signed on to the discussion list
      • Robin volunteered to be a technical participant on the committee
  • Static vs. dynamic requests & occasional missing JavaScript? calls:
    • Someone needs to test and document the nginx approach
  • Make Google Books lookup call async rather than blocking
    • ACTION Robin or Art to take a look at this, either using the current OPAC approach or relying on Dojo
Last modified 11 years ago Last modified on Jul 3, 2009, 12:38:40 PM