You are here
Changes in Librarian Liaison Responsibilities
The Library & Archives tries to ensure that all faculty members have a librarian to whom they can address their library-related concerns; such “liaison” responsibilities of librarians have, in recent years, been by program. As we have temporarily fewer librarians on campus this year because of some leaves, effective immediately, librarian liaison responsibilities will be (mainly) by faculty, according to the following list:
|Science and Engineering||Tomasz Mrozewskiemail@example.com||x3325|
- Cindy Derrenbacker (firstname.lastname@example.org; xTBA) will continue to be responsible for Architecture.
- Francophone faculty members are encouraged to contact their faculty liaison librarian (in French), who will be pleased to refer them to Brent Roe or, upon her return, Leila Saadaoui, as may be helpful.
A liaison librarian is available to provide a number of services for a faculty:
- Collection development: Requests for book purchases or journal subscriptions should be directed to the appropriate faculty liaison librarian.
- Program planning and reviews: The faculty liaison librarian can provide collection data and library statements for new program proposals and for IQAP or other program reviews.
- Library instruction: The faculty liaison librarian can provide instruction sessions for courses, introducing students to useful library and Internet resources, and how to find, use and evaluate them.
- Course assignment planning: Faculty members are encouraged to consult with their faculty liaison librarian when planning course assignments that may be “library-intensive” so as to ensure that appropriate library materials and tools are available; the librarian may also be able to make helpful suggestions regarding particular assignments.
- Reference consultations: The faculty liaison librarian will be pleased to schedule consultations with individual faculty members or graduate students to assist them with informational needs in the course of their research, which may range from suggesting documentary sources to advising on research data management.
- Library trouble-shooting: The faculty liaison librarian may be contacted for any library-related concerns and questions; they may need to refer a given matter to a colleague for resolution.
We look forward to helping make this year a success for you and your students.