You are here
Library Instruction Course Videos Now Available
These videos provide a virtual tour of the library, general instruction regarding library services, Omni, databases, e-journals and e-books.
The following videos will enable you to:
- Familiarize yourself with the services offered by the Library and Archives (in particular during the current pandemic);
- Discover research guides associated with your subject area;
- Discover online dictionaries and encyclopedias, in both English and French;
- Learn how to conduct simple and advanced searches in Omni;
- Learn how to borrow books in person and from off-campus;
- Learn how to use our various e-book collections (locate appropriate e-books and e-book chapters);
- Learn how to retrieve articles from e-journals and chapters from e-books;
- Evaluate if an article is from a peer-reviewed journal and is a scholarly or academic article;
- Learn how to search various online database (Ebsco, ProQuest, Web ofKnowledge,...);
- Learn how to format citations based on a variety of standards such as APA,MLA,...;
- Familiarize yourself with Zotero, a citation management tool.
You can access them at: Library instruction course videos