You are here
Quick Access to E-Resources for Chemistry and Biochemistry
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
Ebooks and Ejournals Collections
Basic online library instruction is available in either official language using Laurentian's Desire2Learn platform.
For special instruction in this subject during class time, ask your professor to arrange a class by contacting Mr. Lamothe, ext. 3304.
In the library: The Library User Assistance Desk to your immediate left as you enter the library is a good place to start.
By email: Email the librarian responsible for your faculty for a reply during regular working hours.
By telephone: 705-675-4800, or toll free at 1-800-661-1058, ext. 2
For Distance Education students: Telephone: 1-800-661-1058, ext. 2 or email: email@example.com
Searching the Catalogue
The catalogue is your primary tool for finding books in the J.N. Desmarais Library. You can also use the catalogue to find other materials, including government publications and journals (including individual articles).
You can search the catalogue by:
- Call Number
When you know the book you are searching for, pick Title or Author; when you are searching for a topic, start with Keyword unless you know the exact Subject heading describing your topic.
More on searching the Catalogue is available in Module 5 of the Research Skills Tutorial in D2L.
Additional Print Resources
- McGraw Hill Dictionary of Chemistry (2nd Floor: Ref. QD 5 M357 1997)
- Encyclopedia of Chemistry (3rd Floor: Ref. QD 5 E58 1973)
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics (2nd Floor: Ref. QD 65 H3 / 3rd Floor: QD 65 H3)
Laurentian uses LC Classification. Some patrons may wish to browse for books in the stacks; Chemistry and Biochemistry are classified under science (Q) and more specifically, under QD:
- Some may be located by using the library’s catalogue and selecting "Books & eBooks" as the "Material Type" and then further filtering your results by "Available online".
- E-books can also be located by searching in e-book collections. Searching in these collections is the same as searching in a database.