You are here
About the Proxy Server
For technical questions about the proxy server (i.e.: username and password issues), please contact the Information Technology Service Desk:
- via email at IT@laurentian.ca
- by phone at 1-800-461-4030 ext 2200
- in person at the Tech Hub in the Arts Building in room A-100.
If you have other questions regarding the library's electronic resources, please contact the librarian responsible for your subject area.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a proxy?
A proxy is a login page that allows you to authenticate yourself as an Laurentian University student from off-campus.
To login via the proxy, use your LaurentianID username and password (the same ones that you use to access LUmail, or D2L ).
N.B.: to update your password, please visit passwordreset.laurentian.ca.
How can I access electronic resources that Laurentian University subscribes to from off-campus?
- Using the library's website, find the electronic resource you want to use (i.e.: e-book, database, e-journal, etc...).
- Click on the link provided to access the resource.
- A login page will appear - enter your username and password.
I tried to use one of the electronic resources and got a message saying that "the maximum number of simultaneous users has been reached. Please try again". Can I still get on?
Yes, but you may have to wait a short time before trying to access it again. Some products licensed by the library are restricted to a certain number of simultaneous users. If you are unable to get on, it means that the maximum number has been reached. Please continue trying.