You are here
Media and Gender Resources Online
Resources that focus on the role of gender and women in the media
- Gender Ads Provides resources and images of representations of gender in the media.
- GenderTalk.com The leading worldwide weekly radio program on transgenderism.
- SmartGirl Sponsored by the Institute for Research on Women and Gender at the University of Michigan, SmartGirl is devoted to promoting media either designed for or made by girls and women. The site allows girls to post reviews as well as learn about social science.
- WAVE: Women's Audio Visuals in English Indexes documentary, experimental, and feature film and video productions by and about women.
- Women Make Movies. The world's leading distributor of films by and about women.
- Women's eNews Daily news reports about issues and events relevant to the reality of women. Focuses on the U.S. and other various countries.
Statistics on Women
- Finding Data on Women: A Guide to Major Sources at Stats Can. Published in 1998, but still useful
- Gender and Work Database. York University (Leah Vosko, chief researcher)
- Society of Women Engineers A not-for-profit educational and service organization that empowers women to succeed and advance in the field of engineering, and to be recognized for their life-changing contributions as engineers and leaders.
- Women in Technology International A global network of women that helps women by providing access to - and support from - other professional women working in all sectors of technolog
Commentary / Observation / Satire
Research Centres and Scholarly Organizations
- Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women
- International Center for Research on Women Global research institute headquartered in Washington, D.C. with regional offices in Nairobi and New Delhi.
- The Kinsey Institute
- National Women's Studies Association