You are here
- Blogs by Women
- Feminism and Women's Studies
- Voice of the Shuttle: Gender and Sexuality Studies
- WGSSLinks Developed by the Women & Gender Studies Section of the Association of College & Research Libraries.
- Women's Studies Online Resources
Activist / Cultural Organizations
Commentary / Observation / Satire
Research Centres and Scholarly Organizations
- Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women
- International Center for Research on Women The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) is a global research institute with headquarters in Washington, D.C., and regional offices in Nairobi, Kenya, and New Delhi, India. ICRW's mission is to empower women, advance gender equality and fight poverty in the developing world.
- The Kinsey Institute
- National Women's Studies Association
- Re: Gender
- Women's and Gender Studies et Recherches Féministes (formerly the Canadian Women's Studies Association / l'Association canadienne des études sur les femmes)
- Society of Women Engineers A not-for-profit educational and service organization that empowers women to succeed and advance in the field of engineering, and to be recognized for their life-changing contributions as engineers and leaders.
- Women in Technology International A global network of women that helps women by providing access to - and support from - other professional women working in all sectors of technolog
Media and Gender Resources Online
Looking for resources which focus on the role of gender and women in the media? Consider some of these online resources as a place to begin your search.
- About Face A San Fransisco-based nonprofit group combating negative and distorted images of women in the media. Website provides a list of media organizations which harm women and media groups which work toward the empowerment of women.
- Gender Ads ProjectProvides resources and images of various gender-representations in the media. Main two areas of focus are on "Females in Ads" and "Males in Ads".
- GenderTalk.com : Web Radio & Transgender Resources GenderTalk is the leading worldwide weekly radio program that talks about transgenderism in the first person. Each week we present news, information, and exciting new voices that challenge our traditional view of gender."
- SmartGirl Sponsored by the Institute for Research on Women and Gender at the University of Michigan, SmartGirl is devoted to promoting media either designed for or made by girls and women. The site allows girls to post reviews as well as learn about social science.
- WAVE: Women's Audio Visuals in English "WAVE is a database created and maintained by the University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Librarian's Office staff that indexes and describes documentary, experimental, and feature film and video productions by and about women. The database current
- Women Make Movies "Women Make Movies is a multicultural, multiracial, non-profit media arts organization which facilitates the production, promotion, distribution and exhibition of independent films and videotapes by and about women." Includes online catalog of titles
- Women's eNews Daily news reports about issues and events relevant to the reality of women. Focuses on the U.S. and other various countries.
Statistics on Women
- Finding Data on Women: A guide to Major Sources at Stats Can. An older guide to sources of Canadian stats on women and the condition of women.
- Gender and Work Database. York University (Leah Vosko)
- Statistics Canada - Women and Gender A starting point with links to statistics, reports and publications related to women and gender in Canada