You are here
We cite sources to acknowledge the work of others, as well as to avoid academic dishonesty or plagiarism.
- Present your bibliography at the end of your work
- Cite your sources while writing
- Follow the model specified by your professor or the discipline
- Make use of the style guide
Zotero is a free, web-based citation manager that allows you to:
- Directly import references from article databases, the library catalogue, e-book collections, etc.
- Manage and organize your references.
- Create a bibliography.
- Share your references with others
- Add in-text citation and a bibliography directly into your assignment
Getting started with Zotero:
APA style (American Psychological Association) is the style most often used in your discipline. APA Style uses the Author-Date system: the citations in the text include the name of the author and the date.
Always follow the specification of your professors, as there can be variations, most notably, norms adopted in French.
- APA Style, by the American Psychological Association
- Citer selon les normes de l'APA, par l'Université de Montréal
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association, 6e ed. (at the information desk)
- APA Style Blog, by the American Psychological Association
- DOI and URL Flowchart, by the American Psychological Association