You are here
There are two different options when searching for e-books:
- Some may be located by using the library’s catalogue and selecting "Books & eBooks" as the "Material Type" and then further filtering your results by "Available online".
- Search the library's e-book collections. Searching e-book collections is similar to searching in the catalogue. I recommend searching either by subject or keyword.
Tips for using e-books
- Some e-books can only be consulted by one searcher at a time.
- The number of pages that can be printed or downloaded from an e-book is set by the publisher.
- Some e-book collections will allow you to export your references to Zotero, a powerful, free citation manager.
You can search the library's catalogue by:
- Journal Title
Tips and tricks:
- By default, the results screen displays 10 documents per page
- Results can be sorted by: Title, Author, Date, Relevance
- The record summary is where you’ll find the information necessary to retrieve your document:
- Name of the library
- Copy location
- Call number
- For electronic resources, a direct link to the document is provided in the record summary.
- You can export your references to RefWorks
Recommended E-book Collections
A multidisciplinary collection with a subject filter.
This collection is primarily focused on commerce and economics. Limit your search to e-books by selecting "books" from the drop down menu beneath the search box.
A multidisciplinary collection with the option to browse books by subject, see "Business and Management".
Content in this collection is primarily focused on commerce and economics. When searching, limit to "only subscribed titles".
A multidisciplinary collection with the ability to browse books by subject. If you're only interested in finding e-books, limit to "search within books".
A multidisciplinary collection with some sport and business content. When searching, remember to select “full text only”.
Library of Congress Classification
All print books and periodicals are organized according to the Library of Congress System.
- GV 557 - 1198.995 Sports
- GV 201 - 555 Physical education and training
- HF 1 - 6182 Commerce
- RC 1200 - 1245 Sports medicine
- RM 695 - 893 Physical medicine. Physical therapy