You are here
Zotero is a free, easy-to-use tool that stores, organizes, and cites your references conveniently. With Zotero you can:
- gather, save, and organize your references as you're doing your research;
- insert the references you have saved into your paper as you write it—and generate a bibliography at the end of your paper based on the references you have cited—both intext citations and bibliography in whatever citation style you want;
- share your research sources with colleagues, or the world.
Zotero offers 300MB of free online storage. You have the option to purchase additional storage, but you probably don’t need it if you use the set-up suggestions in this guide.
For Help Contact:
Downloads and Registration
- Register for a free Zotero account. A Zotero account enables you to synchronize your citations with the Zotero server and across your devices.
- Download and install the latest version of Zotero for your operating system (Linux, MacOS, or Windows).
- Download the Zotero Connector for your browser (Firefox, Chrome, or Edge). Safari users can enable the Zotero Connector from the Safari Preferences -> Extensions menu. The Zotero Connector allow you to save a citation for your current web page, journal article, database entry, etc. from your browser to Zotero with a single click.
Zotero integrates with the following word processors to manage your citations and bibliographies: