You are here
Searching the Catalogue
The catalogue is your primary tool for finding books in the J.N. Desmarais Library. You can also use the catalogue to find other materials, including government publications and journals (including individual articles).
You can search the catalogue by:
- Call Number
When you know the book you are searching for, pick Title or Author; when you are searching for a topic, start with Keyword unless you know the exact Subject heading describing your topic.
More on searching the Catalogue is available in Module 5 of the Research Skills Tutorial in D2L.
Additional Print Resources
- Forensic Science: An Illustrated Dictionary (2nd Floor: Ref. HV 8073 B677 2004)
- Color Atlas and Manual of Microscopy for Criminalists, Chemists, and Conservators (3rd Floor: QH 205.2 P486 2004)
Laurentian uses LC Classification. Some patrons may wish to browse for books in the stacks; Forensic Science is generally classified under HV - Social pathology, public welfare, and criminology.
Some related HV subclassifications are:
- HV6001-7220.5 Criminology
- HV6035-6197 Criminal anthropology
- HV6055-6079 Criminals--identification
- HV6071 Legal photography (criminology)
- HV6074 Fingerprints
- HV6675-6685 Forgery
- HV7936 Evidence preservation
- HV8073-8079 Criminal investigation
- HV8073 Chemistry, forensic (general)
- HV8073-8077.35 Identification (criminal investigation)
- HV8075 Typewriting--identification
- HV8077.5 Footprints--identification
- HV8074-8076 Writing--identification
- HV8077 Firearms--identification. Forensic ballistics
- HV8079 Arson investigation. Computer crimes--investigation
Further related classifications are GN which includes Forensic Anthropology and RA which includes Forensic Medicine.