You are here
Returning borrowed books to the library
Library books, including books that you received through RACER (our interlibrary loan service) may be returned to either the J.N. Desmarais or Architecture libraries.
Please note that you were not charged fines for the period between March 11 to September 11, 2020.
If your books are overdue but you are not ready to return them, renew them through your Library account or contact the Library.
If you live within 50 km of the Laurentian University campus
You can return your library books by dropping them into the book return bin at one of the following campus locations:
- The outdoor book return bin, located near the south-facing west doors of the Arts Building (facing parking lot 4), near the Tim Horton’s entrance.
- The blue book return bin, located in the lobby between the Classroom and J.N. Desmarais Buildings (near the Starbucks entrance), from the entrance facing the Science Building.
- The book return bin located near the main entrance to the J.N. Desmarais Library, on the 2nd floor.
- Architecture library: email email@example.com to schedule a curbside drop off.
- University of Sudbury: Books can be dropped off at the J.N. Desmarais Library or University of Sudbury dropboxes.
Please do not place Chromebooks or other fragile items in the book return bin; instead, contact us to make arrangements.
If you are unable to drop off your books, contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you live farther than 50 km from Laurentian University campus
Please contact us by email at email@example.com and we will email you a prepaid shipping label to return your books by Canada Post. You must provide the following information so that we can prepare the shipping label:
- Your name:
- City, Province:
- Postal code:
- Telephone number:
- The number of books you are returning to us:
- The total weight of the package (kg):
- The size of the package in cm, including:
J.N. Desmarais Library
705-675-1151 ext. 4800
705-675-1151 ext. 7273